Recipe was adapted from Pei Mei’s Chinese Cook Book Volume 1. The book belongs to my mother. It was purchased for her by a co-worker that owned a Chinese restaurant and highly recommended it. It has some wonderful easy step by step recipes. A great introduction to Chinese cooking.
Stir Fried Rice
- 1/2 cup small shrimp (cooked or fresh)
- 1/2 cup roast pork or ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 tablespoons oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. pour the beaten eggs and stir fry quickly until the eggs are in tiny pieces. Remove from pan onto a plate.
- Heat another 3 tablespoons of oil, and stir fry the shrimp, ham, and green peas for about a minute or 2. Set aside.
- Heat another 3 tablespoons of oil in the same pan and stir fry the onions and the cooked rice. Sprinkle with salt. Reduce the heat and stir until the rice is heated through. Add the eggs, shrimp, ham, and green peas mixture. Combine well and serve.