When you have a Super Bowl Party, is Bean Dip or Seven-Layer Dip part of your repertoire? For most of us, the answer is yes. I love the idea of changing things up a bit with individual dipping cups.
Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup is a hearty, comforting meal that’s made in a single pot and ready in 30 minutes. This easy homemade soup is filled with tender turkey, egg noodles, and healthy vegetables.
Great soup for a cold winter day! Delicious with simple ingredients. Adapted from Bistro Cooking by Patricia Wells.
Leek and Potato Soup
- 5 pounds leeks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces of slab bacon, cubed
- 2 pounds boiling potatoes , peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim off the roughest green portion of the leeks and discard. Rinse well. then dry, slice both white and green part into thin slices.
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the bacon, reduce the heat, and brown thoroughly. Add the leeks and the potatoes and toss and coat with the bacon fat. Cook until the leeks are wilted and softened.
- Add 2 quarts of cold water and salt. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for an hour, to mingle all the flavors.
- To serve, bring the soup back to a simmer.
Great brunch recipe! It can be prepared the night before and baked in the oven the next morning. Perfect for holiday mornings or when entertaining overnight guests!
Get recipe here.