Great recipe for anyone who doesn’t have time to cook dinner. This takes about 30 minutes, just make the chicken is cooked through. The ingredients are also basic and probably already exist in your pantry. It’s a one skillet from stove top to table! Recipe adapted from Lidia’s Family Table by Lidia Bastianich.
Skillet Chicken Breasts with Olive Oil and Garlic
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, more if needed
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 or more large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of turkey broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of dry bred crumbs
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt. Dredge into the flour , shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken, let them cook for a about 4-5 minutes on each side or till lightly browned.
- Scatter the garlic all around the spaces in between the chicken and turn up the heat slightly, shake the pan. Add the red pepper flakes, wait a couple of minutes. Then add the capers. Shake the pan to distribute the seasonings and juices.
- Raise the heat a bit more and pour in the red wine vinegar. Shake the pan again and let the vinegar reduce for about a minute.
- Pour the broth and bring to a full boil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil around the pan and some salt. Let it bubble for a few minutes to reduce, shaking the pan again. Add the bread crumbs around the chicken not on the chicken and let the sauce thicken.
- Take the pan off heat and add parsley.