I found this amazing cookbook filled with wok recipes in a book sale. So on one of my recent trips to Chinatown, NYC, I invested in a good Wok. Adapted Wok & Stir-Fry by Linda Doeser. This is an easy and delicious recipe!
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Broccoli
- 8-ounces uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch paste
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 scallion cut into short sections
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light fish stock
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- few drops sesame oil
- Cut each shrimp in half length-wise. Mix with a pinch of salt, teaspoon of rice wine, egg white, and cornstarch paste.
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and stir-fry the shrimp for 30 seconds, or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and the scallions, sir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the salt and sugar, followed by the shrimp and stock. Add the soy sauce and remaining wine. Blend well, then add the sesame oil and serve.
Delicious Italian comfort food! Recipe given to me by my Italian father-in-law.
- 02 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sweet or hot Italian peppers, cut into chunks
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red, 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 small eggplant, cut into chunks
- small handful of kalamata olives
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the sausage until golden brown. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet. Cook until brown but not cooked through. Set aside to a dish.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the onions, peppers, garlic, alt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes. Add the zucchini and squash. Add the back the chicken and sausage.
- Add the tomatoes and olives, Cover and cook on low heat for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve over pasta.
Part 2 of my mac and cheese recipe. I opted for the 5 cheese combination that’s mentioned at the end of the recipe. It was amazing! Get recipe here.Creamy Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese — the fashionista cook
And now for the details… This dish could almost be viewed as an adult take on classic Mac and Cheese. Or, if you’re trying to hide fruits/veggies from your kids (or other members of your household… I do know some adults who aren’t fans of veg lol), you could tell them this is Mac and […]Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese — Put the Recipe First
Great for a special summer dinner! Adapted from Great American Grilling from Weber.
Lamb & Spinach Pockets
- 1 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce and hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dill and celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced olives
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups sliced spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
for the yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup crispy cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, onion, soy sauce, mustard, celery seeds, dill seeds, and parsley. Shape into 8 thin equal size patties, about 4 inches in diameter. Place the eggs and olives on 4 patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, and pick the edges to seal.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Fill the pita pockets the lamb, spinach and yogurt sauce.
This grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple and guacamole is the perfect summer lunch or dinner! If you’re looking for an easy recipe that’s packed with flavor, look no further! You’ll love this chicken sandwich recipe as it’s: A great excuse to fire up the grill. Can be prepped a day ahead of time. Makes for […]
1 Dior: ”Moments of Joy” by Muriel Teodori ”Moments of Joy” invite us to discover the house of Dior universe with a focus on pleasure and jubilation, It’s a beautiful compilation of stories of Dior’s successes, friendships, and creativity depicted via illustrations, behind the scenes of 220 images brimming with joy, The book explores Dior’s […]
Part 2 of my recipes from Great American Grilling cookbook. Easy and healthy burgers! They can be a bit sticky, I would oil the grill before placing the burgers. The recipe called for flat bread such as focaccia, but I was able to find flat bread for burgers at the market.