Ingredients: 12 slices white bread Knob of butter 3 eggs 1/2 pint milk 4oz dried fruit ( currants, raisins, or sultanas) 4oz sugar nutmeg or cinnamon Method: 1. Heat the oven to 325 / 170/ Gas 3. 2. Grease a loaf tin with the knob of butter. 3. Cut the bread into triangles and place in the tin. […]Olde English Bread Pudding — Kit Perriman
We are about to pay our last respects to Queen Elizabeth. We are all still strange and dismayed at the disappearance of a woman so great and so loved by his people and not only but we can celebrate it by preparing delicious English sandwiches, British pardon, good to lick the mustache. Yes, British cuisine […]British sandwiches — valeryworldblog
A staple served at parties. This isn’t my great aunt’s version but close. Adapted from Cuban Chicks Can Cook, by Ana Quincoces Rodriquez
Cuban Chicken Salad
- 1 whole roasted chicken shredded without skin
- 4 large peeled red potatoes, cubed into 1-inch pieces and boiled till tender
- 1 large green apple peeled and finely chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hard boiled eggs, 3 finely chopped, use 1 for decoration
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1 cup canned asparagus tips, reserve 2 tablespoons liquid
- 1 small can diced pimentos, reserve 2 tablespoons liquid
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, reserved pea and pimento liquid, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, I used my hands. Add remaining ingredients. Toss well.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise if necessary.
- You can decorate the top with slices of egg, any left over pimento pieces, peas or asparagus.
Refreshing summer treat of lemon cake and blueberries. This is a very light batter bundt cake with a light lemon flavor. It is made in a 6-cup bundt pan or a standard loaf pan if you don’t have a small bundt pan. The sugar and butter have to be beat until it is light and […]Lemon Aid Blueberry Bundt Cake — Momoe’s Cupboard