This is a great dip for those Super Bowl parties or a casual get together. First Layer – Cream cheese Second Layer – Refried Beans Third Layer – Sliced olives (can) Fourth Layer – Salsa Fifth Layer – Shredded cheese Place in A 350 F oven and bake till cheese is melted and dip is […]
Great comfort food! Great recipe!
Get recipe here.
Emilia Wicksead Resort 2019.
Comfort food! Great dish for a cold and snowy day. Another great recipe from Lidia Bastianich’s show, Lidia’s Kitchen. I have provided a recipe below with a good guess on the measurements. It can easily be cut in half for 4 servings as I had to.
I love making this soup when it’s cold outside. I usually make it the the day after we had a roasted chicken for dinner. I use the left overs for chicken stock and any left over chicken pieces in the soup. I really don’t have a recipe, it’s a creation from one of my best […]
Carolina Herrera Resort 2019 inspired by 1960 ‘s Palm Springs.
For those who love French onion soup, this is an easy delicious recipe.
Get recipe here.
Reflecting on this year, here are The Fashionista Cook’s top 5 recipe post.
- Giant Bean with Grape Leaf Pesto
- French Chicken Casserole a la Normande
- Chicken Cassoulet
- Brisket and Potato Kugel
- To Die For Carrot Cake
Wishing you every happiness at this festive holiday season and throughout the coming new year!
Part 2 of my great vegetable side series!
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, and extra to butter dish
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Boil the Brussels sprouts in salted water for about 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool. spread over paper towels in a single layer and dry completely.
- Cook the garlic in butter over medium heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour, cook whisking for 1 minute. Slowly wish in the half-and-half. Simmer whisking often, until thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the 1 1/4 cup of grated Gruyere cheese. Fold in the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish. Top with the 3/4 cup of grated Gruyere cheese. Bake at 375F degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Let it stand for about 5 minutes before serving.