Part 2 of my recipes from Great American Grilling cookbook. Easy and healthy burgers! They can be a bit sticky, I would oil the grill before placing the burgers. The recipe called for flat bread such as focaccia, but I was able to find flat bread for burgers at the market.
Delicious burgers for summer barbecues! Get recipe here.
Adapted from While the Pasta Cooks by Andrew Schloss.
recipe title=”Tuna, Hazelnuts, and Garlic Sauce” servings=”4″ difficulty=”easy” time= about 15 minutes”]
- 1 pound of pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup skinned hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can of tuna packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on package. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over high heat, then reduce the heat and add the hazelnuts. Toss around in the pan for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the garlic, add the tuna with its oil and break into small pieces with a fork. Stir in the remaining olive oil, dill and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl, toss it in the sauce and serve.
Part 2 of my Cuban salad series. Fantastic hearty salad with chicken and rice! Great for outdoor parties or picnics. I omitted the toasted sesame …Cuban Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz)
A staple served at parties. This isn’t my great aunt’s version but close. Adapted from Cuban Chicks Can Cook, by Ana Quincoces RodriquezCuban Chicken Salad (Ensalada de Pollo)
Another great recipe for Taco Tuesdays! It takes over an hour to make , but well worth it.
Get recipe here.