Delicious and so easy! Refreshing for summer dinners. Adapted from Cuba, the cookbook.
Tropical Fish Fillets
- 4 fish fillets (swordfish, red snapper or any fresh water fish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- about 12 ounces of sliced pineapple, diced
- about 12 ounces of diced papaya
- 8 orange supremes
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- In a dish, combine the fish, salt , pepper, lime juice, parsley, and scallions. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a medium frying pan, melt the butter and 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the pineapple, papaya, orange supremes, orange juice, wine, and sugar. Cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Dredge the fish in flour. Ina medium pan heat the remains oil over medium-high heat. Cook the fish till browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the fruit sauce.