Fresh fruit, popcorn and everyday dishware come together to create this fun and affordable July 4th Edible Tablescape and Patriotic Popcorn Recipe.
Hey guys, step back with me to the 90s for a minute and check out this White Chocolate Fruit Pizza! Sometimes you’ll see this old recipe called White Chocolate Fruit Tart, too. Maybe you’ll want to make it for Memorial Day or any summer holiday or party?
Sustainable fashion is the key to spring summer fashion trends 2020. Clothes which not only make fashion statements but are also environment friendly…5 Spring Summer fashion trends 2020
A creamy soup without the cream! Adapted from Fresh Fish by Jennifer Trainer Thompson.
Creamy Asparagus Soup with Bay Scallops and Frizzled Leeks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 12 pounds asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, 1 cut into 1-inch rounds, white and green parts, reserve the 1 leeks for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- vegetable oil
- 16 bay scallops
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the asparagus, leeks, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and then add the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for another few minutes. Transfer to a blender or using a hand blender puree till smooth. Keep warm in the pot.
- For the garnish, slice the leek into thin rounds, separating the rings. pour vegetable oil into a small skillet and fry the leeks into a golden brown, Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle light with salt.
- Dry the scallops and season with salt and pepper. In a skillet add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops, turning until cooked through and golden. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with scallops and leeks.
Is there anything better than fresh corn in the summer time? It’s perfect simply roasted or grilled, but here’s another way to serve it~ This is a great casserole that can be prepared ahead of time and it makes a unique summer side dish that will always be […]
from Nora @ Twisted Kitchen Creations Memorial Day seems to kick off the grilling season, although some grill year round.. Today I will share some tips and a couple of our favorite recipes. Please feel free to share your favorite tricks and/or grill recipe. Making Kabobs If you want to thread vegetables on the same […]
Now that summer is here I can’t wait to get the Bbq on, and these Steak Souvlaki skewers are perfect for grilling. Tender pieces of Beef are marinated for a few hours with Greek herbs and spices. The marinade is so amazing that you can use it on any kind of meat. The red wine […]
The fashionista cook turns 5! It was another exciting year with over 3,000 followers and new changes.
Stay tuned for more exciting recipes and fashion! Thank you for following.
Delicious and easy to make! The wonderful aroma of spices will fill your kitchen. Great recipe!
Get recipe here.