A recipe I will be making over and over again. I used sea scallops, and cut them into smaller pieces, instead of bay scallops. Eating the bread crumbs, was like eating pieces of garlic bread. Delicious! Adapted from Fresh Fish by Jennifer Trainer Thompson.
Herbed Baked Scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound bay scallops
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, 3 slices of bread well-toasted and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C).
- Brush an 8-inch square glass baking dish with butter, and place the scallops into the dish in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until they start to brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Toss in the parsley, chives, and tarragon, stir to combine. Spoon the mixture over the scallops. Dust with paprika over the top and and bake until the scallops are opaque, about 13 minutes.