Great for a special summer dinner! Adapted from Great American Grilling from Weber.
Lamb & Spinach Pockets
- 1 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce and hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dill and celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced olives
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups sliced spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
for the yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup crispy cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, onion, soy sauce, mustard, celery seeds, dill seeds, and parsley. Shape into 8 thin equal size patties, about 4 inches in diameter. Place the eggs and olives on 4 patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, and pick the edges to seal.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Fill the pita pockets the lamb, spinach and yogurt sauce.
This grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple and guacamole is the perfect summer lunch or dinner! If you’re looking for an easy recipe that’s packed with flavor, look no further! You’ll love this chicken sandwich recipe as it’s: A great excuse to fire up the grill. Can be prepped a day ahead of time. Makes for […]
1 Dior: ”Moments of Joy” by Muriel Teodori ”Moments of Joy” invite us to discover the house of Dior universe with a focus on pleasure and jubilation, It’s a beautiful compilation of stories of Dior’s successes, friendships, and creativity depicted via illustrations, behind the scenes of 220 images brimming with joy, The book explores Dior’s […]
Part 2 of my recipes from Great American Grilling cookbook. Easy and healthy burgers! They can be a bit sticky, I would oil the grill before placing the burgers. The recipe called for flat bread such as focaccia, but I was able to find flat bread for burgers at the market.
Delicious burgers for summer barbecues! Get recipe here.
Adapted from While the Pasta Cooks by Andrew Schloss.
recipe title=”Tuna, Hazelnuts, and Garlic Sauce” servings=”4″ difficulty=”easy” time= about 15 minutes”]
- 1 pound of pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup skinned hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can of tuna packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on package. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over high heat, then reduce the heat and add the hazelnuts. Toss around in the pan for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the garlic, add the tuna with its oil and break into small pieces with a fork. Stir in the remaining olive oil, dill and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl, toss it in the sauce and serve.
Part 2 of my Cuban salad series. Fantastic hearty salad with chicken and rice! Great for outdoor parties or picnics. I omitted the toasted sesame …Cuban Rice Salad (Ensalada de Arroz)