This is part two of my breakfast series from one of my favorite bloggers.
This looked very interesting on the King Arthur Flour Facebook feed so I set out to make it. Believe it or not, I followed the recipe exactly except I used a non-round pan to bake it.
This is the link to the recipe: Blueberry Breakfast Cake. This recipe uses sour cream and cottage cheese with 3 eggs and some sugar and flour. There is a custard like layer on the bottom with the fruit on top. The cinnamon-sugar topping gives it a nice crunch.
- 3 large eggs
- heaping 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh
- cinnamon-sugar, for topping
Heat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 inch pan with cooking spray. The pan needs to have 2 inch sides…
View original post 71 more words