Part 2 of my recipes from Neiman Marcus No Jacket Required cookbook.
Cajun Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 3 slices of bacon, cut up
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 large green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-6 ounce tomato paste
- dash of paprika
- 3 tablespoons fish thyme, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red hot pepper
- 2 cans, 14-ounce each, crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the bacon until light brown.
- Add the onion, green peppers, and garlic. Sauce until tender.
- Blend in the tomato paste, paprika, thyme, salt and red pepper.
- Stir in the rice, shrimp, ham, crushed tomatoes, and parsley.
- Cook until heated through.