Delicious and very easy to make. Adapted from No Jacket Required from Neiman Marcus, recipes from InCircle.
Flank Steak with Jack Daniel's Sauce
- 1 pound beef flank steak
for the marinate
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red wie vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
for the Jack Daniel’s sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s whiskey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Place flank steak in marinade and turn serval times to coat. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauce for a few minutes. Add the whiskey and mustard, and stir to combine. Cook stirring occasionally for a few minutes till it reduces by half.
- In a separate pan sprinkle the cornstarch over the broth and stir to dissolve. Add the whiskey mixture, parsley and salt and pepper. Simmer till thick and keep warm.
- Meantime, preheat the broiler to a high temperature. Place the flank steak a broiler pan, discarding marinade. Broil 4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Top with the sauce and serve with Japanese rice.
Pingback: Flank Steak with Jack Daniel’s Sauce — the fashionista cook | My Meals are on Wheels