Part 2 of my recipes from Wolfgang Puck series. Very easy recipe, I would start with the Chinois sauce since it needs and hour on the stove. Or you can make it a day ahead . Adapted from Adventures in the Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plum wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Chinois Rib Sauce
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup each diced yellow and red pepper
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews and pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Chinois Rib Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried chili pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat until syrupy, for about and 1 hour. Refrigerate and cover till needed.
- In a skillet or wok heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear in the pan.. Deglaze the pan with the plum wine and stir in the garlic, ginger, and chili flakes.
- Pour in the stock and let it reduce by half until sauce thickens. Add the rib sauce, mushrooms, peppers, green onion and nuts. Cook for a few minutes more and season to taste.