I found this amazing cookbook filled with wok recipes in a book sale. So on one of my recent trips to Chinatown, NYC, I invested in a good Wok. Adapted Wok & Stir-Fry by Linda Doeser. This is an easy and delicious recipe!
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Broccoli
- 8-ounces uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch paste
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 scallion cut into short sections
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light fish stock
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- few drops sesame oil
- Cut each shrimp in half length-wise. Mix with a pinch of salt, teaspoon of rice wine, egg white, and cornstarch paste.
- Cut the broccoli into florets.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and stir-fry the shrimp for 30 seconds, or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain and set aside.
- Add the broccoli and the scallions, sir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the salt and sugar, followed by the shrimp and stock. Add the soy sauce and remaining wine. Blend well, then add the sesame oil and serve.
Pingback: Stir-Fried Shrimp with Broccoli — the fashionista cook | My Meals are on Wheels