Great for a special summer dinner! Adapted from Great American Grilling from Weber.
Lamb & Spinach Pockets
- 1 1/4 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce and hot mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dill and celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced olives
- 4 pita breads
- 2 cups sliced spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
for the yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup crispy cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, onion, soy sauce, mustard, celery seeds, dill seeds, and parsley. Shape into 8 thin equal size patties, about 4 inches in diameter. Place the eggs and olives on 4 patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties, and pick the edges to seal.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Fill the pita pockets the lamb, spinach and yogurt sauce.