Adapted from While the Pasta Cooks by Andrew Schloss.
recipe title=”Tuna, Hazelnuts, and Garlic Sauce” servings=”4″ difficulty=”easy” time= about 15 minutes”]
- 1 pound of pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup skinned hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce can of tuna packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on package. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over high heat, then reduce the heat and add the hazelnuts. Toss around in the pan for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the garlic, add the tuna with its oil and break into small pieces with a fork. Stir in the remaining olive oil, dill and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl, toss it in the sauce and serve.