Very easy and delicious! Part 2 of my cheesecake series. Adapted from Lidia Bastianich’s Celebrate Like an Italian.
Chocolate Ricotta Cheesecake
- unsalted butter for the pan
- fine plain breadcrumbs for the pan
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups ricotta
- grated zest of a small orange
- preheat oven to 375 degrees. coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with butter, and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs to coat, tapping out the excess.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate in the cream. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa until smooth.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and salt at high speed for about 2 minutes. Add the ricotta and orange zest, mix until smooth, for about 1 minute. Add the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Might be jiggly in the middle. Cool, run a knife around edges, and unmold.