Everything is better with bacon! Adapted from Food and Wine Cocktails 2008.
Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs with Avocados
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 hot dog buns, split and warmed
- 1 Hass Avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons spicy salsa
- Pat the hot dogs and bacon dry with paper towels. Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon in a spiral and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the hot dogs and cook over moderate heat, turning until the bacon is crisp. About 5 minutes. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Discard the toothpicks.
- Tuck the hot dogs in the buns. Top with the sliced avocados, sour cream and salsa.