Love this recipe! It’s easy, delicious and it can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. Great as a summer salad , brunch, lunch or dinner! Adapted from While the Pasta Cooks by Andrew Schloss.
Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, and Lemon Ricotta Sauce
- 1 pound curly pasta
- 12 medium asparagus spears, trimmed and cit into 2-inch lengths
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- finely grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces sliced smoked Nova Scotia salmon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta. Stir a few times to assure it doesn’t stick. Cook using the directions of the package. A few minutes before it’s tender, add the asparagus.
- While the pasta cooks, mix the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a serving bowl. Drain the pasta and asparagus, and toss them with the cheese mixture in the bowl. Mix in the smoked salmon, dill, and walnuts.