So easy and delicious! Love the combination of the ingredients. Adapted from Gourmet’s In Short Order.
Almond-Crusted Chicken Breast with Pears and Roquefort
- 2 boneless-skinless chicken breast, cut in half length-wise, and flattened slightly between 2 sheets of plastic
- flour season with salt and pepper
- 1 large eg, beaten slightly
- 3/ cup sliced natural almonds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Roquefort
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, dip the egg, and coat it with the almonds. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven proof plate and place in a 200F oven to keep warm.
- Pour off the oil in the skillet, add the shallot, and the pear. Cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Add the wine and bring to a boil until it’s reduced by half. stir in the cream, the cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring until the sauce thickens. Serve it along the side of the chicken.