Easy and quick recipe adapted from Bistro Cooking from Patricia Wells.
Bistro d'a Cote's Chicken in Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chicken cut into 8 serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup best-quality red wine vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled core seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a skillet heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on each side, 5 minutes per side. Set aside the chicken and pour out the cooking fat.
- Off the heat, add the wine vinegar very slowly. Set on medium-high heat to reduce. Add the chicken. Turn the chicken to coat with the vinegar.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover and simmer gently over medium-low heat, for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter. Off the heat whisk in the butter and adjust the season. Pour over the chicken and serve.
It looks delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person