Quick and easy! Great for a weeknight. Adapted from Lidia’s Celebrate Like an Italian by Lidia Bastianich.
Spaghetti with Chicken and Zucchini
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for pasta water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium leeks, white and green parts, halves and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound medium zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-by-1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken and to the skillet, toss and brown all over, for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the leeks. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and season with salt and red pepper flakes. Cover, and cook until the zucchini wilts, about 3 minutes. Uncover, increase the heat to medium high and cook until the vegetables are carmelized on the edges, for about 2 minutes. Add back the chicken, and 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the basil and parsley and toss. Add more pasta water if dry.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, toss and serve.[/recipes-directions]
Great way to use zucchini.Well done!
LikeLiked by 1 person