For those who love Lidia Bastianich’s Chicken Drumsticks with Peppers and Paprika, this recipe is for you! Very similar in cooking style. Adapted from Lidia’s Celebrate Like an Italian.
Italian Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup fava beans, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 sounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- all purpose flour for dredging
- 8 ounces of chicken livers, trimmed of all fat an cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet;et, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and the peppers, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss and cook until t he onions are golden, about 4 minutes. Add the peas and favas, toss and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to large roasting pan.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the pan. Add garlic until it sizzles. Add the mushrooms and thyme. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until the the mushrooms liquid has reduced and the mushrooms are browned, for about 5 minutes. Add to the roasting pan.
- In the same skillet add, heat 2 more tablespoons of olive oil. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and add to the skillet. Brown all over for about 3 minutes. Add to the roasting pan.
- Spread some flour on a plate. Return the skillet to the heat, and ad remains oil. Season the chicken livers with salt and dredge lightly in the flour. Brown all over, about 2 minutes. Add to the roasting pan. Give everything a toss and roast in the oven till browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.