Great recipe for a week night! Quick and easy. Adapted from Lidia’s Celebrate Like an Italian.
Lemony Shrimp Over Zucchini
For the Zucchini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Shrimp
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup dry white wine
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, season with salt and red pepper flakes. Cook until the zucchini begins to wilt, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the dried oregano and remove from heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt. Sear quickly on each side, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add butter to the pan and add the garlic, cook till sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, lemon zest, and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add the shrimp back into the pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs to thicken the sauce. Serve over the zucchini.