Comfort food Mexican style! Adapted from Mexican Cooking from Roger Hicks.
- 2 1/2 pounds round steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 1 or 2 fresh serrano chili, or canned, sliced
- 1 handful fresh coriander or use parsley as a substitute, chopped
- 10 ounces of fresh tomatillos
- salt and pepper
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 cup beef stock, add water if needed
- In a heavy stock pot, heat up the oil and brown the meat on all sides. Set aside. In the same pan cook the onions and garlic, until translucent. Add the chorizo and cook for a few mintues more. Add the beef back into pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the potatoes. Cover and simmer for about 2hours, until the beef is tender.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a salted water. Add to the beef and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.