With temperature in the high 90’s last week, I searched for some great salads for dinner. This delicious chicken salad is adapted from The Bergdorf Goodman Cookbook. I used a rotisserie chicken found at a local market and I used Israeli couscous instead of fregola.
Roasted Chicken with Fregola Salad
- 12 ounces of fregola or Israeli pearl couscous
- 1 pound roasted chicken breast, shredded
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 4 cups (packed) baby arugula
- 1 4-ounce jar grilled artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup Lemon Vinaigrette, plus more for serving (recipe follows)
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup grapeseed oil, add slowly
In a large bowl, combine the fregola, chicken, tomatoes, red peppers, arugula, and artichokes. Toss with the vinaigrette, then top with the pine nuts. Serve chilled or room temperature.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of water, the mustard, and the honey, then gradually whisk in the oil until emulsified. Leftover dressing can be covered tightly and store din the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.