Another great recipe from the New York Times Cooking website! Keep in mind that soy sauce tends to burn, if you like your salmon more on the medium side instead of medium rare, it may look like it’s done. Check the middle for doneness.
Salmon with Lemon-Herb Marinade
- 1 3-pound salmon fillet
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Wipe salmon dry with paper towels. Combine remaining ingredients (except lemon wedges and rosemary sprigs) in a small bowl and mix well. Pour mixture over salmon, making sure it’s coated on all sides. Marinate for at least an hour before cooking.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Cook salmon, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Place salmon on serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges and sprigs of rosemary.