Part 2 of my recipes from Great American Grilling cookbook. Easy and healthy burgers! They can be a bit sticky, I would oil the grill before placing the burgers. The recipe called for flat bread such as focaccia, but I was able to find flat bread for burgers at the market.
Chicken Burgers with Basil & Dried Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground chicken
- 1 egg white
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup drained dried tomatoes, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 pieces flat bread
- arugula or other salad greens
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, set aside.
- Ina large bowl, combine the chicken, egg white, onion, basil, tomatoes and garlic. Shape into 6 equal-size patties, about 3/4 -inch thick. Cook, turning once halfway through cooking time 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush one side of the bread with the oil mixture, place the chicken patties on bread an top with salad greens.
Pingback: Chicken Burgers with Basil & Dried Tomatoes — the fashionista cook | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Chicken Burgers with Basil & Dried Tomatoes — the fashionista cook – the fashionista cook