Adapted from the Great American Grilling by Weber, a cookbook I’ve had for many years. I’m not really sure but, I think it came with Weber grill.
I’m not a big fan of turkey but, this was delicious and so easy to make!
Turkey Rolls with Shiitake-Cheese Filing
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 5 teaspoons oil drained from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced, drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless turkey breasts or cutlets
- 8 ounces fontina cheese cut into sticks, about 1/4-inch thick
- 16 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Cut 4 of the mushrooms in half, and coarsely chop the remaining. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom halves and cook till lightly brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside. In the same pan heat the remaining chopped mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook, stirring often until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Pound the turkey between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, until about about 1/8-inch in thickness. Place the fontina cheese in the center, spoon over the mushroom mixture, sage, thyme and Asiago. Roll to enclose.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes, turn over and cook for another 6 minutes. Serve with the mushroom halves.