The perfect weeknight dinner! Quick, easy, healthy, and of course delicious. Adapted from Nigella Lawson’s cookbook, Nigella Bites.
Salmon with Greens and Shitake Mushrooms
- 2 skinned salmon fillets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- generous 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/3 cup bok choy, roughly chopped, separate stems
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- Cook the salmon fillets over a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Set aside onto warm plates.
- Meanwhile, Fry the garlic in oil till warmth through, add the mushrooms with the bok choy stalks. stir for a minute, cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the bok choy leaves, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for another few minutes or until the leaves have wilted.
- Pile on a plate and place the salmon on top. Add pepper to taste.