I love these one pan recipes! This is easy and quick, and great for a weeknight dinner . Adapted from a health care magazine .
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cannellini beans, drained (reserve liquid) and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken. Cook stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the bacon, carrots and onion. Cook stirring until the bacon has begun to brown and the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme, and cook for another 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, add the 1/4 cup of beans and 2 tablespoons of its liquid and mass into a paste. Add the bean paste, beans, tomato and chicken stock to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add the reserved chicken and cook through for another 3 minutes.
- Set the broiler on high.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the cassoulet and broil un til the bread crumbs are golden, for 2 to 3 minutes.