Easy, no-bake, and delicious dessert inspired by Elizabeth Bard’s Lunch in Paris. She called it the student charlotte, as the real French charlotte’s ladyfingers are soaked in alcohol. I modified it by using sponge-like ladyfingers and placing it a 10-inch spring form pan.
Charlotte aux Abricots
- 3 packages of ladyfingers
- 3 cups of fromage blanc
- 1 32-ounce can apricots in heavy syrup
- Line the sides and bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan with ladyfingers.
- Add half of the fromage blanc.
- Add a layer of apricots on top.
- Add a layer of ladyfingers on top of the apricots.
- Spoon over the heavy syrup, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Add the rest of the fromage blanc.
- Top with another layer of apricots. You can be creative to make it more decorative, if you wish.
- Carefully spoon over the sides with the reserved heavy syrup.
- Place a deep dish underneath, there may be some leakage. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.