This is part 2 of this week’s grain-free and gluten-free baking. Recipe adapted from The Nourishing Home. There’s a few options with this recipe; an additional sliced ripe banana coated in coconut oil can be layered on the sides, fold in 1/3 cup of dairy free chocolate chips or you can add chopped walnuts. Delicious in any option!
Ultimate Banana Bread
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 large ripe bananas)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas, honey and coconut oil. Using an electric mixer blend together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla to the banana mixture, and blend until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix to the batter is smooth.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar, and pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake until approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown.