Happy New Year!
These delicious muffins are grain-free and gluten free! I used frozen blueberries, but it can be changed to just about any fruit such as raspberries, and strawberries or combinations of kiwi-banana or apple-cherry. You can add a little more honey if you wish to make it sweeter. Recipe adapted from The Nourishing Home.
Almond Flour Fruit Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain whole milk (or coconut milk) yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or thawed frozen)
- Preheat oven to 315F. Place 8 paper liners in a muffin tin; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the blanched almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Using a spoon, slowly stir in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Then fold in the fruit, and evenly distribute the batter among 8 muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.