The great thing about meatloaf is that it can be served many different ways. Hot right from the oven for dinner or served cold for a buffet lunch or dinner. The recipe called for 40 minutes baking time but, it might depend on the oven. I had to cook it it a little longer, so I added an extra 10 minutes. Adapted from The American Home circa 1950’s.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds ground veal
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix onion, green pepper, carrots, and ground veal together. Add the cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Stir in the tomato juice.
- Shape into a loaf. Place in a oiled loaf pan and cover.
- Bake in the oven or 40 to 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.
Pingback: Vegetable Meatloaf | My Meals are on Wheels