This is a cream dessert with a gelatin base. Adapted from American Home magazine probably dating back to the 1940’s. I added the full 8 ounce package of cream cheese instead of 3 ounces that it originally stated, to give it a creamier texture. I also would advise to chop the cherries.
- 1 package cherry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups black cherry juice from canned black cherries
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of chopped canned black cherries, pitted and well drained
- Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water.
- Using an electric beater mix the cream cheese and juice, and add the dissolved gelatin.
- Stir in the cherries and pour into an 8 inch ring mold. Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Unmold and serve with whipped cream.