This no-bake dessert recipe was given to me by my husband’s aunt. She noted that her quests went for seconds. It is a very addicting dessert, we couldn’t stop eating it. Very easy to assemble, just make sure it you let it sit in the refrigerator long enough or place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Cheese Cake Torte
- 10- inch spring form pan
- 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pint of heavy cream or whipping cream
- 3 packages of lady fingers
- 1 can of pineapple, blueberry or cherry pie filling
- Line the bottom and sides of the pan with lady fingers.
- Add vanilla to the cream and whip with an electric beater on high speed until thick.
- Cream together the sugar and the cream cheese until mixed well.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fill the pan halfway with the mixture. Spread half of the can of fruit on top. Top with another layer of lady fingers.
- Drop the pan several times so that it settles.
- Add the remaining cheese mixture and then add the remaining fruit on top.
- Cover loosely with plastic, you can use toothpicks so it won’t stick to it. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.