This is a very easy dish to make and it was so good that I served the leftovers with grilled salmon that same week. I served it over couscous but it can easily be served over pasta. The recipe adapted from Fresh Fish by Jennifer Trainer Thompson.
Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp, Red Pepper, and Feta
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into 8ths
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450F and place the rack in the top third of the oven.
- Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and toss them with the olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast them for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and stir in the shrimp, feta, and red peppers, white wine, basil, and parsley and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or till the shrimp is pink in color. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and serve.